TV Addicted

Is this T3 dead?

My friend has a T3 and while he was watching, it started to reboot itself. I would describe it like lost its logic. I was on the phone with him and he was describing what was happening at the time. I had him pull the power from the box and then reboot his modem with a built in router. He has Comcast. After the modem was rebooted I had him plug the power back into the T3. The T3 started up as usual. First the T3 emblem came up, then went to flashing Dreamlink. Then instead of going to the home screen, it went to the setup as if it was in a factory reset. It asked for the country, city, wired or not, 24 hr, date display, etc. Then he said it went into an update. It went back to the T3 emblem, and then the flashing Dreamlink. Instead of updating it started to go back into a factory reset mode again. I believe when the T3 updates, the Formular multicolor rings appear while the box is updating. That never happened. Then during one of the times it was re-setting up it went to the add portal screen. He told me the portal that was there before was gone. Before he could push the add portal button, the box went back into the rebooting sequence I just described. After a few more tries it never did go back to the add portal screen. He sent the box to me. I powered the box up. The T3 emblem came up and never went to the flashing Dreamlink. It stayed on for about a minute and then shut down. The green light on the box went red. The 2 remotes I have could not turn the box on or off. Pulling the power and then plugging it back in a couple of times had the same results. The last time I did that the T3 emblem came up and never shut down until I pulled the power.
    I don't know what else I can do. Especially when the box locks up on the T3 emblem. So if anybody can give me something to try that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    hapy

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    is it hardwire thru Ethernet cable ?
    If so, unplug that and try the boot up again.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

TV Addicted
    tried it a few times, with no change. It's strange. When I was talking to my friend on the phone it was doing all kinds of odd things. I got it and first it shut down a few times from the T3 emblem, and now it stays on with the emblem. Remotes have no effect.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hapy View Post
    tried it a few times, with no change. It's strange. When I was talking to my friend on the phone it was doing all kinds of odd things. I got it and first it shut down a few times from the T3 emblem, and now it stays on with the emblem. Remotes have no effect.
    Has the power adapter been changed recently ?
    That T3 using a higher voltage adaptor then other Dreamlink models.

And there is a reset button in the AV hole I think. Try resetting that. You'll need a slim poker thingy to enter the AV hole.
    Or maybe the reset can be accessed by holding the power button. I forget now how that works on the T3

There is another factor that could have happened.
    Was the T3 Factory Data reset? That reset is found in the menus.
    Reason why I ask is because the T3 has been known to lock up after a factory data reset.

C/P
    Warning ... Factory Data Reset can result in your T3 being stuck on the Dreamlink Splash screen. If this happens then unplug the power and wait a few seconds and plug back in. You may have to try this a few times if indeed it is stuck on Splash screen.
    -end c/p

And actually you don't ever want to perform this type of reset because it may erase the MOL2 app from the box.

C/P
    When this T3 becomes discontinued and if or when it no longer is supported by Dreamlink servers, then DO NOT perform a Factory Data Reset... reason being is because that type of reset erases the IPTV app version and if the server no longer hosts that app for the T3 then you'd have to find other ways to get that app back on your T3... and there are ways, but would take time and hassles... SO best is to simply not use that Factory Data Reset function if or when in the future this T3 is no longer supported on the Dreamlink update servers.
    However, using the Software Data Reset function would be fine, as it does not erase that IPTV app from the MOL2
    -end c/p
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

also, do you have another power supply to test?
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    He did not send me the power adapter with the box. I am testing with my T3 power adapter. My T3 has been working fine for the years I have been using it. The T3 does not have a av hole. It has a "IR REC" hole. I inserted something into that with the power disconnected and there was no reset button in it. Also there is no power button on the T3, and the power buttons on my remotes (T3 and Z7+) get no response. This morning I tried it again and now the power light on the box comes on red, but the T3 emblem does not appear at all and the red light stays red.
    I will be speaking to my friend later today. I'll make sure he did not somehow initiate a factory reset by mistake. I'll let you know later.

I think this box is done. but try his

"Remove power from the device
    While repeatedly pressing the RED button(NOT Recording) on the remote, Insert power into the device
    Press the button repeatedly, don't hold it down.
    The LED on the front of the device will flash quickly alternating from green to red. Stop pressing the RED button
    While the status LED is flashing red and green, press 1 on the remote
    The device will initiate the factory reset procedure
    Do not remove power to the device.
    Wait until the reset procedure is completed
    The reset procedure is complete when you see the Setup Assistant on the TV screen"
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

do it on your own risk.
    Code:
    https://support.formuler.tv/kb/article/32--manual-factory-reset-formuler-zx-z7-s-series-smini-sturbo/#z7+UsbManualFactoryReset
    I believe t3 and z8 are the same and believe one point I read you can use same file to reset factory. heres the link and read, follow, and download file and see if that helps if nothing works you.

TV Addicted
    Rye,
    Just to give you an update on my friend's T3. I tried the method in post #7 using 2 different remotes. It did not work. I didn't try using the usb method yet. In the meantime I was able to activate a Mag254 I told him to save, just in case, when I bought the T3 for him years ago. So he is happy again. I had one here, which I activated, so I could talk him through whatever he had to input. He's on the east coast and I'm on the west coast. He is 87 years old. Lucky for me I only had to talk him through putting a new url in his mag. I was able to do everything else from my end using the donation checker.
    I agree with you. I thought it was dead, also. But I have a Z7+ here so I bookmarked post #8, just in case.
    Thank you and Crazed. I learn something new every time I post.

cool beans